Wednesday 29 October 2014

Tried & Loved - Boscia - Luminizing Black Mask







 It looks a little odd, but stick with me - this is a fun mask with super benefits!

I originally purchased this mask when I was in America ohhhh, in 2010 it was actually (how sad, I need to get back ASAP!). I believe I had heard about this mask from other beauty bloggers in the states and was super excited to be able to get my hands on it. It's still a mask that I turn to today, 4 years later.

The mask is described by Boscia as:

"An innovative peel-off mask that helps boost skin clarity and minimize the appearance of pores. Removes dirt and impurities, absorbs excess oil and reveals a healthy, glowing complexion."

This mask works best if you place a generous enough layer that you can barely see your skin through it, avoiding the eye area of course, but not so thick that it won't dry. I used to be a little bit too skimpy with the product to start with as I never wanted it to run out, but trust me, the tube will last for ages! If you have a generous layer similar looking to what mine is in the pictures above, you will find it a lot easier to peel off too.

As the mask dries you will feel it tightening a little on your face. It's certainly not an uncomfortable tightness, and there's no tingling or burning like I've had happen with other masks. Once it's dry you will know by moving your face and feeling like your skin and the mask are moving together and that it's dry to touch. Now for the fun part... peeling it off!

Remember peeling off PVA glue from your hand and fingers in primary school? It's a little like this, but with your face. Haha. I try to test myself and see if I can peel it all off in one piece. You might be impressed to know that this time, pictured above, I got it all off in one single piece apart from 2 thin spots on the very edge of the mask. Ha. The parts that don't come off, trust me when I say it's a lot easier to rub the skin until it balls up and peels off than to wash it off with water. Wetting the mask resets the mask properties and it's a little bit messier to get off that way.

Once you peel off the mask you will literally be able to see how the mask has benefited your skin. You can see little pieces that have been pulled from your pores and skin surface. Kind of gross, but quite satisfying. Your face will feel completely smooth and fresh, and I do believe that the claims from Boscia are true, you will be left with a healthy glowing complexion free from impurities.

This mask is also apparently quite similar to the Kose Mask White - more details on that here. If you've tried that, did you find it as effective as I've described?

You can read more about the Boscia Black Face Mask here, and I am assuming this brand will be available once Sephora hits the Australian shores this December. Finally! ^_^

What's your favourite face mask to clear blackheads and brighten your skin? Would you like to try this, or is it a bit too strange? x


No comments:

Post a Comment