I have some really pretty glitter nail polishes, but for so long I avoided wearing them, or only used them as an accent on one nail because I HATED the thought of having to take it off once it was done! Such a shame. I had heard of this easy trick, but never really believed it would work that well so I kept simply scrubbing at my nails until the glitter chunks came off... until recently.
As you saw in my last post, I had the Deborah Lippmann - Candy Shop glitter nail polish on my nails last week. I thought I'd give this simple trick a try, and what do you know - it works a treat!
What you need:
- Cotton pads or cotton buds
- Nail polish remover
- Aluminium foil torn into small strips
1. Soak a cotton pad with nail polish remover so there's enough to cover your entire nail.
2. Place the cotton pad over your nail covering the nail polish and then use the aluminium foil strip to wrap the cotton pad over the finger tip and hold it tightly in place.
3. Continue to wrap the rest of the fingers on one hand same as above steps, then leave for 2-3 minutes. (NOTE: Make sure that if you have any pain from the nail polish remover on your fingers that you remove it immediately in case you're having a reaction)
4. Firmly press down on the cotton pad as you're removing the foil and cotton pad from your finger tip, this should remove almost all of the glitter and nail polish.
5. Have a spare cotton pad with nail polish remover on it handy so you can remove any excess nail polish. As you can see in the picture above I had only a few small pieces of glitter leftover, MUCH better than the usual scrubbing it would take!
6. Repeat for the other hand and you're done!
I really was surprised how well this worked. I will most definitely be using glitter nail polish a lot more often now. :)
Have you tried this method before? What's the best way you know to remove glitter nail polish? x