Monday 9 July 2012

June - Lust Have it!




I am quite late in uploading and reviewing the June Lust Have It! beauty box, but it's always better late than never I say! Haha.

In case you haven't heard about the Beauty Box craze that's only hit Australia in the last 6 months or so (other Countries have been enjoying these for a lot longer than we have!) a beauty box is a paid subscription to receive samples from any number of beauty related companies to try before you buy each month. I have previously been subscribed to Glossybox, but they recently folded and joined up with the Lust have it! beauty box team. I was pretty sad that Glossybox wasn't successful in Australia as I know it's quite big overseas, but I'm quite happy with Lust Have It! so far (and love that they come in a re-usable makeup pouch rather than a box) so let's hope that continues. 

There are still a few other companies that ship out beauty boxes each month (Bella Box, I Love This Box, Beauty Basket, and of course Lust Have It!) You can see all the great brands affiliated with each beauty box on their website so personally I think it's best to check the brands and see which ones you think will suit you best. :) 

My personal experience with what I've received in the beauty boxes so far has been a little underwhelming, as I often see the great posts about what the overseas companies send out each month and get a little jealous that we're not as lucky in Aus! I'm hoping that more companies will be participating and that our beauty boxes get better as they start to mature. I do love the beauty boxes as a way of trying things I would never buy myself though, and they're a great way to try new brands I've never heard of before too.

But on to the June Lust Have It! contents.... 

This month I received:

- Batiste dry shampoo
I recently bought the brown version of this product and liked it but my hair is a little light for it now so this is a very welcome edition. I love that it's teeny too because it means I can keep it in the car, or travel with it easily - always a plus! 

- Lon Vitalite - 24k Active Golden Yulan Oil Facial Mask
This can be seen in the pictures below, and honestly it's one of the strangest face masks that I've used! I've never used a face mask before that isn't something you rub onto your face and leave, so having a cloth over my face soaked in the active ingredients with just little eye and mouth holes was such an odd feeling. I didn't hate it though, but boy did I look a sight. 
I took photos of the mask on, but it looked like something a serial killer would wear - terrifying! I'm quite glad I tried this one out when my boyfriend wasn't home. Haha. 
Overall the mask left my skin feeling soft and rejuvenated, and I'm not sure which ingredient caused it, but there was a tingling sensation like a menthol would give, but I don't see that on the ingredient list! The tingling took a little getting used to, and lasted a fair while once the mask was removed which was surprising. Having to leave the mask on for 15 - 20 minutes is also something I haven't experienced with a face mask before, but it didn't dry out at all and wasn't uncomfortable.  




- Lon Vitalite - 24k Active Gold Full Eye Mask
I haven't had a chance to try this one out yet sorry guys, but if it's anything like the facial mask above (same brand) it will be quite an experience! 

- Bloom - Glitter Eyeliner
When I saw this I thought "I'll never use that" and apart from wearing it to test it out, I really don't think I will very often. It just reminds me of being a 14 year old girl and plastering myself in glitter when it was "cool". Haha. 
Despite all that, the product itself is quite nice. It's really purple the glitter and applied quite easily with the thin brush tip. Pretty easy to use sparingly or apply a lot if you prefer that. I think I'd like to try this over a really dark eye, might be a nice little pop for a night out! 
The glitter didn't irritate my eyes at all and stayed quite well - just make sure you don't rub your eyes or just like black eye liner you'll end up with it (aka loads of glitter) all over you. 

- Marc Jacobs - 'Daisy' & 'Daisy Eau So Fresh' 
I've received samples of these perfumes previously and I really like it. It's nice and soft without being over powering (yay, no headaches for sensitive me!). I don't think these last on my skin as long as some other fragrances I have, but they're "eau de toilette" so that's probably why. I prefer something that will last all day. 
I love getting perfume samples because I always keep some in my handbag for emergencies, although my bottom drawer is quite full of them since signing up for beauty boxes this year. Haha.

Lust Have It! subscriptions are $14.95 per month and you can chose to cancel at any time if you're no longer interested in the service. I think they're a fun little surprise straight to your door each month!

What do you think of the June Lust Have It! Box? Do you sign up for any beauty box subscriptions? What are your thoughts? x


No comments:

Post a Comment