Friday 20 July 2012

Tried and Loved - Peter Thomas Roth - Gentle Complexion Correction Pads



My skin has been really clear lately, and I think I can mostly attribute it to these to be honest! If you're looking for a quick, neat and easy way to get your skin really squeaky clean, then this might be a good option for you too.

The Peter Thomas Roth Gentle Complexion Correction Pads are described on the PTR website as:
"Exclusively formulated to cleanse skin, clear blackheads, refine pores, and reduce the appearance of fine lines.

• Pads contain potent Alpha Hydroxy Acid (Glycolic Acid Complex 10%) and Beta Hydroxy Acid (Salicylic Acid 1/2%) in an advanced botanical formulation creating a unique, clarifying, synergistic action to help cleanse the skin, clear up active acne blemishes, minimize pore size, and prevent the formation of new blackheads and blemishes
• Helps regulate healthy cell turnover and delivers proven anti-aging benefits that help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
• Double-sided pads deliver gentle cleansing action on one side and superior pore-refining exfoliation on the textured side
• Provides a veil of fresh, peach bellini scent that offer a nice option to replace traditional antiseptic pads "


Personally I don't have horrible skin to start with which makes it a little easier to control breakouts, but it hasn't always been that way. I would say I have normal/combination skin now, it's not very oily, it's not too dry, and I get the occasional breakout. Your skin type isn't necessarily always going to be a certain way. I used to have terrible skin, with breakouts all the time. I think the only way to really control it is to trial products catered to your skin troubles, find the best skin care that works for you for your specific issues, and then to stick to a good routine with it.

For many years now I have used the Clinique 3 step program, and I really feel that this was able to balance my skin again and has left me quite clear since using it. I think adding these Peter Thomas Roth Complexion Correction Pads to the equation has been the final step in finding a nice balance for my skin though.

I use these at night every second or third night after cleansing, toning and removing all my makeup (you can use them every night if you feel you need to, but as with most skin products, you have to work to your own skins needs). I then use 1 pad on the 'bumpy' side to gently work my entire face in circular motions until my whole face is clean and gently exfoliated. They don't look these little bumps would do much, but I think it's the perfect way to get a little exfoliation without going overboard and without having to use harsh scrubs. Once you're done you don't need to rinse, you just wait for your skin to dry (it takes only moments) and then continue with your normal night routine (serum, eye cream and moisturiser for me!).

It's amazing that you think you clean your face so well, then use these and realise that there is always a little extra residue from the day still there. They really do eliminate any nasties and leave your skin feeling fresh and soft, without being drying at all (in fact I'm sometimes naughty and don't moisturise at night and don't feel like my skin is dry in the morning!). I feel that my skin looks instantly brighter after using these, and my serum and moisturiser soaks in even quicker aiding in the absorption of all the good vitamins my skin needs to stay fresh, soft and spot free.

They smell of a soft peach scent which is such a refreshing change to most toner/peel type products. I really love the smell and it's not over powering and quickly fades. They don't sting my eyes to the point of watering when I use the pads around my cheek bones which is also a pleasant change to what I've gotten used to with some skin care I've used over the years.

I would say these would be a suitable way to gently exfoliate your skin if you're too sensitive to use a scrub, or if you simply prefer a deep cleanse at the end of the night this will be a great option too. They have absolutely brightened and refined my skin and reduced the amount of breakouts that I get. I can't stress how much I love this product!

I purchased these from Kit Cosmetics for $44.95 and there are 60 pads in each container (this will last me ages as I really don't need to use them every night!). You can also purchase these from Mecca in Australia instore or online (they have a 4.7/5 rating on the Mecca website!).

Please note: I find it's always good to ask instore about skin care products so they can best address your skin care needs, so as always I would recommend popping into your local Kit or Mecca store so one of their friendly skin care experts can help you cater to your needs! Skin care really is such a personal thing and something that might work a treat for me, might not be so great for some one else.

Have you tried these Peter Thomas Roth pads? Are you a fan of the Peter Thomas Roth brand? What's your nightly skin care routine like? x



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review! I only stumbled across Peter Thomas Roth products recently when I discovered the range at the Parmelia Hilton. I believe his range is now supplied through out all Hilton hotels! I took a photo of the range for one of my newest posts here - http://sewislife.tumblr.com/post/27524790918/look-what-we-got-up-to-during-our-baby-moon

    It sounds like these pads are really simple and effective to use after a long day of wearing make up. I agree it's hard to get rid of all the residue!

    E-von @ http://sewislife.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, was all that in your hotel room to try out for free? If it was that's incredible!

      I had been admiring the Peter Thomas Roth brand from afar (seeing it in American posts) but since it came into Mecca and Kit I've been purchasing more and more of the range and loving everything I've tried so far! I'll be fully converted in no time I bet. :)

      These are definitely a simple way to get rid of every last bit of makeup. If you try them I hope they work just as well for you too. x

      Delete
  2. Great post! Have you tried the Dr Dennis Gross Peel pads? They are very similar but worth a go. :)

    beneaththelashes.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete