Monday 6 October 2014

FOTD - Spring peach



I'm so glad to have time to be back blogging and sharing my new favourite looks and products with you all. I've missed blogging so much, so I'm going to definitely be making it a priority again! 

I will definitely be posting more shots of my 'face of the day' and some tutorials for my favourite looks. Make sure you leave any requests in the comments below for any looks you'd like to see! 

I recently took a trip to Adelaide and the hotel we stayed at (The Minima Hotel in North Adelaide) has these amazing murals on each wall behind the bed. Each room has a different mural from a different artist. So beautiful and unique! This is what you can see behind my head in these images. :)

I've also just recently dyed my hair a light peach as I'm sure you've noticed in these shots. My hairdresser wanted to experiment with some new colours that she got into her salon, and knew I would be a willing participant. I actually really love the colour! It'll be great for summer. I've found myself adjusting my makeup to suit my hair colour as it changes (it was blue before this, hehe) and to reflect that lately I've been using a lot of peach in my makeup to compliment it. 

Products used for this look: 

Foundation: Nars - Sheer Glow Foundation in shade 'Mont Blanc'
Concealer: Bobbi Brown - Corrector in shade 'Porcelain Bisque' for under eyes and highlights and Bare Minerals - Correcting Concealer in shade 'Light 1'
Powder: Bare Minerals - Original Foundation powder in shade 'Fairly Light'

Eyeshadow base/lid: M.A.C. - Eyeshadow in 'Bamboo'
Eye crease/outer lower lash line: Stila - Eyeshadow in 'Whim' from the 'In The Moment' palette 
Eyeliner: Kat Von D - Tattoo Liner in shade 'Trooper' for top and "wings" and Smashbox - Limitless Eyeliner in shade 'Onyx' for lower lash line
Lashes: False lashes by Ardell (my box is mixed up I can't remember the number sorry!) and Bare Minerals - Lash Domination mascara
Brows: Anastasia Beverly Hills - Brow Powder Duo in shade 'Medium Brown'

Contour: M.A.C. - Sculpting Powder Pro Palette in shade 'Sculpt'
Cheeks: Nars - Blush in shade 'Orgasm'
Lipstick: Lime Crime - Opaque Lipstick in shade 'Coquette' 


This look was easily transformed from day to night by adding a bolder lip for when I went out later that night. I often will do my makeup early in the day for activities later that night so I don't have to do my makeup twice. Hehe. 

Hope you like this look! Is there something in this look you love, or now want to try since seeing this post? x


No comments:

Post a Comment